I had been keeping my eye out for this readathon ever since it got teased weeks ago, but I still somehow missed it until the DAY it went live! Although it is happening during Tome Topple and BookNet Fest, I couldn’t pass up a readathon based on an RPG. I COULDN’T! So I rushed around today and made my TBR, and now here we are. I will be posting a video about this later on this week, but I wanted this to go up in time for sign up and to give more people a heads up. Since I missed the initial announcement, I know others did as well.
The Reading Quest is an almost month long readathon that is an RPG! You “create” a character a read books centered around that character quest line. There’s more to it, but the host (Aentee from Read at Midnight) has already perfectly laid out all of the information and rules on her announcement post. There are prizes related to this, but I’m doing it for the fun!
There are 4 main character classes to choose from, and I toiled over this a bit. In every RPG ever, I play a Rogue. A dual-wielding rogue to be exact. But I didn’t think that class tree suited my TBR. So.. I went with Mage. More specifically, (and this is bending the rules a bit), I went with Battle Mage. I did this for two reasons: 1. Because I plan to complete both the Mage and Knight quest line during the readathon (but I will be completing them in order as the rules state!) and 2. Because my second favorite class is the battle mage!
So without further ado, here is my TBR.
I have never planned out a month long TBR, because I am very much a mood reader. So, I have a few books in some of the slots because I will end up reaching for whatever I’m in the mood for. Books do not count for more than one part of the quest, so I’m not cheating in that way. I will have one book for each quest in the end. I just will choose what is most calling to me at the time.
1. A Book with a One Word Title: Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout
2. A Book that Contains Magic: Clariel by Garth Nix
3. A Book Based on Mythology: The Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana*
4. A Book Set in a Different World: Lost Stars by Claudia Gray or The Stars are Legion by Kameron Hurley*
5. The First Book in a Series: The Tiger’s Daughter by K. Arsenault Rivera*
1. Already completed for Mage quest line
2. A Book with a Verb in its Title: And I Darken by Kiersten White or Deadmen Walking by Sherrilyn Kenyon
3. A Book with a Weapon on its Cover: Lost Stars by Claudia Gray or Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
4. A Book with a Red Cover: Amberlough by Lara Elena Donnelly or Red Shirts by John Scalzi
5. A Book that Has a TV/Movie Adaptation: The Host by Stephanie Meyer
Some side quests I plan on participating in (hopefully) are:
1. Grind: Read a book with over 500 pages: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (I intend to count this for half EXP, as I was halfway through it for Tome Topple when this started.
2. Mini-Game: Read a graphic novel, novella, or poem collection: Buffalo Soldier by Maurice Broaddus* or a volume of The Wicked + The Divine
*Books by marginalized authors have an asterisk, as those give additional EXP
Are you participating in this amazing readathon? Let me know your class!