Book Blogger Love-a-Thon is hosted by Alexa of Alexa Loves Books. It is a week long event to foster positivity, creativity, and love in the book community!
1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
The east coast of the USA
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I originally entered the book community as a book vlogger, with my Booktube channel, Thoughts on Tomes. I love my channel and the community on Youtube, but I also wanted somewhere that I could post a review for every single book I read, which I didn’t have the time to do on my channel. I also wanted to get involved with the wonderful book blogging community. So I started this blog!
4. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
My favorite genres are fantasy and scifi, mostly YA. But I read and review a little bit of everything!
5. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
- 1. The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
- 2. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- 3. Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes
- 4. The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkowski
- 5. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
I told you I love YA fantasy 🙂
6. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
I do not nearly see enough praise for the Graceling series by Kristin Cashore. It is a wonderful fantasy series that takes place over many years through 3 companion novels. The protagonists are different in each book, but there is overlap as far as other characters. The strong female characters in this series are amazing, and the villain is one of my most hated of all time. Also, it is one of the few series I’ve seen in YA that has many characters on the LGBTQ spectrum as well as displays a variety of sexualities and how sexuality is expressed. It is nothing short of amazing!
7. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I’m an avid gamer, with my favorite franchises currently being Mass Effect, Assassin’s Creed, Final Fantasy, and Elder Scrolls. I also love board gaming. I’ve tried to pick up knitting as well, but so far had little success.
8. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
I collect nail polish and lipstick, both in either obnoxiously bright or bold dark colors.
9. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I could not pick just one! I would love to see a film for The Shadow and Bone trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I’d also love a film of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, because I need to see that world on the big screen. As far as a film being turned into books, I’d LOVE Pirates of the Caribbean books following different characters in that world. I just want more pirate books!
I’m very excited to be participating in my first Love-a-thon! Thank you all for visiting 🙂